Celebrating Improving Air Quality in Victoria
Headline Date 27-07-2016
On Friday 22nd July 2016 we held our second Air Quality Champions event and handed signed pledge certificates to businesses in recognition of their commitment to act to improve local air quality.
The event forms part of our air quality engagement project that has been running since 2013 to raise the profile of poor air quality among businesses and has been delivered with Westminster City Council and Keith Cotton of Crisp Air.
Twenty two businesses are involved in this year’s project including early adopters recognised at our 2014 event such as DP World and Guoman – The Grosvenor Hotel and new businesses including Edelman and Informa. Businesses select one or more activities from a list covering four focus areas:
- Communications – raising the profile of air quality.
- Transportation – promoting walking and cycling to staff and visitors.
- The Built Environment – reducing gas consumption and installing low emission technologies.
- Supply Chain – reducing the number of deliveries to offices whilst still ensuring businesses get what they need.
By signing up to the Victoria BID Air Quality Pledge Certificate companies voluntarily pledge to undertake actions relevant to their operations. The businesses are:
- Caffe Nero
- China Britain Business Council
- Doubletree by Hilton in Victoria
- DP World
- Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
- Guoman – The Grosvenor Hotel
- Land Securities
- Ophir Energy
- PA Consulting
- The Association for the British Pharmaceutical Industry
- The Passage
- The Rubens at the Palace Hotel
- The Telegraph Media Group
- Victoria Apollo Theatre / Ambassador Theatre Group
- Victoria Palace Theatre / Delfont Mackintosh Theatres
- Victoria Place Shopping Centre
- Westminster Cathedral
To find out more about our air quality work, click here to visit our Air Quality web page.
Back to our news