- This event has passed.
Less Stress, More Focus: A Mindfulness Introduction with Charlotte Wiseman
November 3, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Mindfulness has received growing attention over the past few years, with studies highlighting that it can support individuals in reducing stress, increasing focus, promoting creative thinking and enhancing communication skills. Furthermore, it has been shown that a regular practice can strengthen the immune system, improve sleep, reduce stress and combat depression with more long-term effectiveness than antidepressants. Having said that, with so much information about it available, it can be difficult to know where to start to learn about what it really is or how to start doing it.
This short practical session with our resident mental fitness expert, Charlotte Wiseman, will do just that, answering any questions you have and creating an opportunity for you to have a go. We will explore:
- What is Mindfulness? The benefits of mindful living: physically, mentally, professionally & personal
- Understanding the relationship between stress, the mind & the physical body
- An introduction to practical and accessible mindfulness practices
- The Power of Mindfulness in challenging times
- Bringing Mindfulness into our everyday lives
*Please bring a small snack to the session, for example, a few nuts, a small piece of chocolate, a favourite drink, a small piece of fruit.
Charlotte Wiseman is a positive psychology and leadership consultant known for her pioneering work in mental fitness in the workplace.
To learn more about Charlotte and her services visit charlottewiseman.com