We have developed a robust and vibrant ongoing programme of events ranging from seasonal on-street activations and trails to historical walking tours, networking events, venue showcases and sporting events; all showcasing the changing face of new and vibrant Victoria.
Over the past year we hosted a number of events to promote Victoria as a destination and celebrate key London moments including The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- To celebrate The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, The BIDs in the London Heritage Quarter (The Northbank, Victoria, Victoria Westminster and Whitehall BIDs) celebrated the Queen’s lifelong love of corgis with a trail of 19 giant corgi sculptures that were placed throughout central London during the summer. The corgis were each individually decorated by contemporary artists and named after the Queen’s dogs. Accompanying the trail was an illustrated map for visitors to follow the trail. The Corgi Trail received over 44,000 QR code scans to our Corgi Trail web page and 15 pieces of press coverage.
- Once the trail was finished the corgis were auctioned for charity, raising over £35,000.
- In August over 1,300 people attended a 7-day Pitch ’n’ putt pop-up in Lower Grosvenor Gardens.
- We installed festive lights on Victoria Street and a Christmas tree on Westminster Cathedral Piazza.
- We hosted a Festive Wish tree in Victoria Station over 7 days in December. 7,630 people interacted with the tree placing a wish upon it for the festive period.
- We built on our previous year’s Christmas activity with an online advent calendar on our website, with 52 prizes available to win from businesses in the Northbank, Victoria, Victoria Westminster and Whitehall BID areas. We received over 28,000 entries last year.
We are continuing to build an exciting calendar of events to ensure that there is plenty to experience and enjoy in Victoria. We will build on our Festive Lighting Scheme for the area, deliver more pop-up experiential events and a summer packed with activities to get you out and about.
Visit our What’s On section to find out more about current and upcoming events.