We have developed a robust and vibrant ongoing menu of events ranging from historical walking tours and seasonal markets to pop up events and installations, sporting events and barbecues; all showcasing the changing face of new and vibrant Victoria.
Life Labyrinth was installed on Westminster Cathedral Piazza for London Design Festival 2019
Over the past year we hosted 110 days of events in Victoria. Our events are designed to engage, entertain and inspire a wide range of people drawn to the area for work or play. Our highlights include:
- We held The Victoria Summer Garden Party. 2 days of activity was held in Lower Grosvenor Gardens to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the birth of Queen Victoria, who held the first ever Royal Garden Party.
- Our sixth annual Victoria Football Cup saw 120 players from 16 teams compete over a two week period.
- Victoria BID was a key partner of the London Design Festival (LDF) for the second time in 2019. The Victoria Connections Design District was re-established with 12 local partners who hosted events throughout the festival.
- As part of LDF the BID also sponsored its first Festival Commission, Life Labyrinth, which was placed on Westminster Cathedral Piazza for the duration of the festival.
- Other successful events included a series of wellbeing events such as gardening workshops, yoga, lunchtime talks and strengthening classes and a Community Week which included volunteer litter-picking and a colouring event.
- A panel discussion event was held to celebrate International Women’s Day (IWD). The ‘New Vision, New Decade: the future of women in the workplace’ event was held on 3 March at Central Hall Westminster with a panel of five well-respected journalists and businesspeople taking part in a wide-ranging panel discussion, which was chaired by Nina Nannar, Arts Editor for ITV News.
- We installed festive lights on Victoria Street and a Christmas tree on Westminster Cathedral Piazza.
- An interactive Christmas tree was installed in Victoria Station for six weeks in December where passersby could rotate, play music and light up the tree through pedalling.
- An online advent calendar was created on the BID website for the month of December with 34 prizes, from local businesses, to win.
We are building an exciting calendar of events ensuring that there will be plenty to experience and enjoy in Victoria. We will build on our Festive Lighting Scheme for the area, deliver more pop up experiential events and a summer packed with activities to get you out and about.
Visit our What’s On section to find out more about current and upcoming events.