We have developed a robust and vibrant ongoing menu of events ranging from historical walking tours and seasonal markets to pop up events and installations, sporting events and barbecues; all showcasing the changing face of new and vibrant Victoria.
The Rose by Mick Stephenson; Westminster Cathedral Piazza
Over the past year we hosted 90 days of events in Victoria. Our events are designed to engage, entertain and inspire a wide range of people drawn to the area for work or play. Our highlights include:
- Victoria BID was a key partner of Lumiere London 2018. The BID sponsored three installations; The Light of the Spirit: Chapter 2 by Patrice Warrener, The Rose by Mick Stephenson and Asalto London by Daniel Canogar; extending the festival’s footprint into Victoria
- Victoria BID was also a key partner of the London Design Festival for the first time in 2018. The Victoria Connections Design District was formed with 16 local partners who hosted events throughout the festival
- Our fifth annual Victoria Football Cup saw 120 players from 16 teams compete over a two week period
- During the summer months, we hosted the connect festival; 3 days of on street activity in local public spaces
- We contributed to the Victoria Street festive lights in our brand colours and a Christmas tree on Westminster Cathedral Piazza and inside Victoria Station.
- An on-street photography exhibition showcasing “100 Years of Women” was held in partnership with the Press Association
- We brought a Christmas Snow Globe installation to The Victoria Place Shopping Centre for three days in December.
- We held two cracker prize draw’s at Cardinal Place Shopping Centre and The Victoria Place Shopping Centre with 2,500 Christmas crackers; each with either a donated main prize or a local voucher.
- Other successful events included a series of wellbeing events such as yoga, WalkFit’s, stress workshops, comedy evening and gardening workshops as well as the De-Stress Fest and a panel discussion for International Women’s Day
- We kept the fun going with both summer and winter networking sessions for local business workers.
We are building an exciting calendar of events ensuring that there will be plenty to experience and enjoy in Victoria. We will build on our Festive Lighting Scheme for the area, deliver more pop up experiential events and a summer packed with activities to get you out and about.
Visit our What’s On section to find out more about current and upcoming events.