At the heart of Victoria, Christchurch Gardens has a fascinating hidden history. Join the stakeholders and designers for a talk in the gardens to explain the design and how the project showcases the importance of green space in the city.
The talks will be a chance to understand the design process and thinking behind the multi award winning design, and will include topics such as:
– Christchurch Gardens – 800 years in the making
– The hidden history underneath your feet
– The site’s connection to the Suffragettes
– Thomas Blood – failed thief of the Crown Jewels
– Ignatius Sancho – the first Black Briton to vote
– Creating a community and social space for all
– Design Details & Storytelling
Talks will take place on the Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th at 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm. However, feel free to pop by anytime from the 8th – 21st September to see the Exhibition information boards that will be placed within Christchurch Gardens for the duration of the Open City event.
Book your tickets for the talks here.