Westminster Mile and Vitality 10,000 road run
Headline Date 06-09-2023
Please see the below information for the annual Westminster Mile (fully contained within St James Park) and Vitality 10 000 road run, which this year in a change from their usual May Bank Holiday weekend slot are taking place on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th September 2023 respectively.
- Westminster Mile is a one mile race fully contained within St James’s Park on Saturday 23rd September. Road closures within the Park footprint will be in line with standard ceremonial closures that happen on a regular basis. There will be no impact outside of the Park’s footprint unless in case of emergencies.
- Vitality 10 000 will take place on Sunday 24th September, with up to 18 000 runners starting and finishing within St James’s Park, passing famous landmarks both within Westminster and the City Of London en-route.
- Road closures and restrictions in the Westminster footprint will be in place between 08:00 – 14:00 for the event, the additional map attached highlights these closures with colour key below:
- The red line shows the 08:00 – 14:00 closure
- Purple line is the parks closures
- The yellow is 08:00 – 14:00 closure with facilitated access during the event
- Blue line is existing closures due to works
- Green lines are open roads within the closure footprint
- There will also be parking suspensions along the route on Strand, Duncannon Street, Aldwych, Montreal Place, Melbourne Place, Northumberland Avenue and Great Scotland Yard, with suspension signs installed up to 10 days before. Please check these once up.
- Local access will continue to be facilitated when safe to do so whilst the event is taking place.
- Whilst the route is largely the same, there is an change which incorporates Northumberland Avenue and Great Scotland yard for the first time, in turn requiring extra closures and restrictions in this area. If you are located in or represent this area, please check all information carefully and see further points below.
- Local access for deliveries and drop-offs will be permitted on Northumberland Avenue from Embankment up to the junction with (but not onto) Great Scotland Yard only.
- It is advised to rearrange any vehicle movements to after 14:00 once closures are lifted, but if this is not possible please let LME know as soon as possible.
- You can find further information on the official website:
Back to our news